Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sachin--- The past and hope for a future

I open my facebook wall and all I can see is his name everywhere. In a team of boy's he is the only man.
Dont remember cricket without him. Its been more than 20 years of his playing and still the one name which excudes confidence in the batting line up is his. Cant imagine watching cricket without his name in the batting line up. Some would laugh over me. Call me over obsessed about a game or a player, but the fact is my childhood has been centered around that sport. From the excitement of getting a new bat to the disappointment of breaking it. From the day's of fighting for a run in pre nursery to doing it in college once again. To showing off to all my friends about how well I remember stats. Hell..cricket has been the biggest ice breaker with new people for me. I feel "whats the score man" is always better than even a simple "hi". Atleast it lead to a conversation. Just hope I can feel the same about the sport after he retires. Dont want to loose my biggest asset.
Have to salute an innings of a lifetime. More than feeling bad that my team lost. I felt bad for the man who gave everything for the match. Innings like that remind me of his vintage sharjah. I thought we had lost that.After an innings like that one has to salute the master.

No comments:

Post a Comment